Delivering quality SEO - 7 tips for a successful SEO strategy
15 October 2019
The search engines are extremely important and powerful marketing tools
Who doesn’t use a search engine to find information that is relevant and interesting to them?
If you're a business who is wanting to reach new prospects and customers, it’s a really important element of your digital strategy and marketing.
About SEO (search engine optimisation)
SEO is all about making you visible in the natural listings of the search engines.
SEO is about optimising your website to get you in front of your target audience for your targeted keywords and phrases.
How important is an SEO Strategy?
Very. So many businesses launch their new website and think they have ticked the box for their digital strategy. They don’t always consider the impact that good SEO can make to their marketing efforts.
A great ranking website, whether it's an ecommerce website or a brochure website, needs:-
- to work fast on any device
- to have great, valuable content for its target audience
- to be optimised for SEO
- to show you as an authority in your marketplace
- to be highly visible in the natural listings of the search engines
7 easy steps to ensure you get the basics right for a successful SEO strategy
1) Understand your goals - what are you trying to achieve?
2) Understand your target audience - what keywords will they be searching for? Review your keywords and gain insight into how consumers search using Googles Keyword planner.
3) Create valuable, awesome content around your keywords and what your target audience will be searching for. Ensure your content is of high quality and is beneficial for your existing customers and target audience.
4) Audit your website and get your on page SEO correct – check your meta data, content, internal linking and ensure SEO best practice.
5) Review the SEO technical aspects to your website such as being mobile friendly, page speed, https, duplicate content and structured data.
6) Ensure your website is mobile friendly - with Google's mobile-first indexing if your website is not in a responsive design it could affect your websites ranking.
7) Use the right tracking tools to continually monitor and review your SEO effectiveness - Google Analytics and Google search console can help.
Good SEO can bring in quality leads and sales for your business
Of course there are additional elements in the ultimate goal of gaining those important high rankings on Google however staying on top of these important steps will help you get the basics right for your business.
Can we help with your SEO strategy?
Getting to the top of Google can be crucial for business success and if you want to gain quality leads and sales for your business then your brochure website or ecommerce website should have an SEO strategy in place.
Our SEO services can help with :-
- SEO Website Audit
- SEO Plan and Review
- SEO Technical
- Content Marketing that your target audience and Google will love
Contact us or call us on 0117 4058919 to discuss what's important for your business.